TUESDAY 26TH MARCH 2020 - COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS UPDATE
Following the announcement by the Prime Minister on Monday night the Government published a list of retailers that are considered essential to keep Britain moving. That list includes Garage services.
That means that MercServices are considered an essential business in supporting the public during this time.
Can MercServices keep you moving in a time of hardship? - You may be using your car less right now, but the journeys we do make are the really essential ones. They get the NHS teams to hospitals, volunteers to the pharmacy, and all of us to the supermarket. With Mercedes-Benz main dealer network “on hold” now it is going to be difficult to get the specialist knowledge that your Mercedes needs. Rest assured that MercServices has a significant array of technical specialist tools and knowledge. In addition we are one of the few garages outside of Mercedes-Benz who have an official factory diagnostic computer able to diagnose and programme modern cars.
How are we keeping customers and colleagues safe? - We are adopting a number of additional precautions to slow virus transmission and include:
MOT Test - As you may know MOT tests have been allowed to “lapse” until August. Don’t forget however, the MOT whilst a legal requirement (normally) may also identify any safety or reliability issues. At the end of August , when the extension period lapses there will be a huge demand for MOT tests, that won’t be able to be satisfied.
- Wearing latex barrier gloves
- Wiping down all contact points in and on customers cars with alcohol wipes, before and after starting work.
- Frequent wiping down of office and building surfaces.
- Wiping down of card terminal after every use.
- Social distancing from customers and suppliers.
- We have a “key drop” facility, so if you do not want to come into the building you can drop the keys in our box. If you have a spare key you can also collect it “remotely”.